Here’s a gourmet grouping of my favorite January kitchen must have’s to celebrate the season, while curing the beginning of the year blues.
• For cozy yet cute entertaining and small kitchen chop jobs I love Q-Tee Cut Ups– tiny quality wooden cutting boards by JK Adams. Bring one out when prepping a snack, or use as a stylish way to present horderves when entertaining guests. The hangability of these bitty boards is a plus.
•Lately I’ve been carrying Go Raw Flax Snax everywhere. Not only are they one of the most affordable raw snacks at the store, they’re deceptively filling. Lightly seasoned chips made from sprouted flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds. Savory and clean.
• The winter for me is all about buying grains I normally ignore at the store. My favorites are pearl barley, bulgur, and wild rice. Instead of serving your stew or stir fry on rice, mix it up with something new for a hearty twist.
• If the winter gloom is dragging you down this month, try a daily dose of raw cider vinegar like that from Braggs. Dilute a small amount in a glass of water and drink up for a delicious drink that tastes similar to Kombucha and gives you a shot of energy you can feel instantly.
• When the weather turns cold I find myself making lots of stews, soups, and sauces to freeze. I then turn to colorful patterned Washi tape for an exciting way to labels my creations. Sharpie writes just fine on it, and it can be peeled off containers once you devour the contents. Tons of colors and patterns to choose from guarantees the perfect labels for every kitchen!
• Finally, nothing cures January depression better than a rainbow of hardy root vegetables. A roast or mash of flavorful parsnips or colorful beets is a sure-fire way to feed your head and get you back in action. Try it. •